Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reaction to the 2008 Presidential Election.

Victory is always a great thing to feel. I had personally wanted Obama to win regardless of third party contributions, but I still feel uneasy about the government and the direction this country is headed. I guess I felt accomplishment for a moment, but that was shadowed by the thought of how easy Obama had won. The country was beginning to fall apart, and suddenly a candidate that seemed perfect to many won by a landslide.

Overall my trust in the government has been shattered. So many questions have gone unanswered; What caused the third World Trade Center to fall? Why are there now only 3 dominant banks that control most of the world's currency?

These questions have fallen on a country that refuses to answer them. Why is this? Why has our country blindly followed their government? I feel powerless against such an ignorant force. Obama wins. Now what? How does he plan to get this country out of debt? Most people would be excited by this historical change in the White House, but others like myself who refuse to be bound by what society says is true are horrified by the problems we face in the future.

But, only time will tell.

Enjoy this culture while it lasts, for I feel something is going happen that none of us expected.

No comments: